Saturday, April 13, 2013

Something Nice for the Stressed Ones


A weekend assignment is to find someone more stressed than I am and do something nice for them and write about it. So, I have been looking and searching for an opportunity since Wednesday. I came upon two today.

This morning after I played ball, I knew that Homey and Bernard wanted to eat food and all of us needed to eat food. I also knew they were tired, and probably stressed about things. I have a relatively low stress level right now, so I think their level was higher. After I got to my apartment, I decided to see if they wanted breakfast. I almost talked myself out of it, but then I said, no, I am going to put myself out there, the worst they could say is no. So, I texted them, and they came over and helped me make waffles and we all enjoyed them. They were super funny and so kind to help me bake. Homey pitched in a little more, which was nice and I didn’t have to make the waffle dough all by myself. Bernard did do the dishes, and that was awesome. We have a symbiotic relationship.

Then, this afternoon I was at the grocery store and Hawaii tells me that Comp needs to talk to me. I immediately know something is up. I run over to her apartment as soon as I get home and she tells me that Tiny needs a ride to Urgent Care. Comp is super stressed she did a lot for Tiny yesterday and so she was overwhelmed today even more. I settled her fears quickly and told her I would take care of all that Tiny needed. I took Tiny to Urgent Care and we were there for about an hour. She was able to get everything taken care of and we headed home. It wasn’t at all what I was planning to do this afternoon, but I am grateful I was able to serve Tiny and Comp. Both needed my assistance.

Those were some really simple things and I realized I should be looking outward more often. We should all be looking for others who may need us. Sometimes we are the only ones who can help.

Do something good today. Peace out.

-the tall girl

No comments:

Post a Comment