Saturday, June 28, 2014

Week 6 - Half Way!!!!

I cannot believe my sixth week has come and gone already! I have been incredibly busy and I have some great stories to tell. I am partying it up and working as much as I can. It's fun and most of it is new, which is even better! Sorry for being late with the post, but enjoy :)

MONDAY
I went to dinner with Surfer Boy, to Thai food...of course, he'd never been there so I tried the safest thing I could think of...garlic chicken. Even that was a little strange. I enjoyed it though and my left overs mixed with beans made a yummy burrito. We had to go to the bathroom so bad before FHE that we ran into this random church that was open. I think we used their nursery bathroom and they were in what seemed like a cultural hall learning some type of dance. They were still at it when we came home.

So, at FHE our bishop's wife had the most genius idea! You roast marshmallows over a fire and then you put it into a cup with crushed oreos, crushed grahams, or fruity pebbles, crushed nuts...you use a spoon to mix it up so you have a fresh rice crispy of your own!! It is so delicious! I decided to play sand volleyball with everyone even though i was in my crop slacks and dress shirt. It was totally worth it! I love playing. As we were leaving, I was going with Surfer Boy, 5-4 comes up and asks if he can steal me for a minute...we are literally leaving...but, we step aside and he asks me out for Saturday. In the meantime Surfer Boy is just watching from afar. I say yes because I believe second dates are courtesy because first dates are just terribly awkward. We finish our short conversation and luckily Surfer Boy doesn't ask what it was about. He did say I was popular and everyone wanted to talk to me...which is not entirely true.

TUESDAY
Perk of the day at work! They are starting to give away free fruit! They have peaches, bananas, apples, oranges, and nectarines all for free! I am so happy :)


Of course, institute. The lesson was incredible and I enjoyed the teacher. We learned about applying the scriptures to our lives. We had a lot of fun at volleyball and the best part was when a kid ripped his pants. I thought I was going to die laughing. We were playing, we had a good volley and then all of the sudden he just starts backing out of the gym...out team looks at him and he says, I think I ripped my pants. He didn't come back for a while, so his brother went to check on him. He sure enough ripped them to the point he couldn't come into public...luckily someone had an extra pair of shorts for the poor kid.

WEDNESDAY
On Monday, my manager put in her two weeks notice. She is leaving the company. We were all blown away and left speechless. Our team of love, laughter, and lots of fun is being split apart and it's interesting to watch. Everyone handles change differently. They either stay and deal with it, go with the flow, or leave and she chose to leave. It makes me feel weird because she hired me...but, now I will have connections elsewhere for later in my career.

THURSDAY
I took it easy and studied for my talk. I also got to video chat with Oma while she was in Switzerland. I enjoyed looking at the window at the beautiful scenery from the small phone screen.

FRIDAY
We had our intern meetup during lunch and they had ice cream sundaes!!! Oh, it was so good! I loved it. I mixed all sorts of stuff into my chocolate ice cream...as you can see :)

This is just how many connections I have at this point on LinkedIn...I think I have gotten 50 since being here...at least, now it will be interesting to see how many I leave with. 
So, this picture is an office that I went by and couldn't help but take a pic. She is obviously in love with Disney or she buys it all on eBay...not sure.
Crazy office...
I went to dinner at a Greek restaurant with Surfer Boy and then to see Malificant. It was a pretty good movie. I was expecting so much more going in, but it had a unique line of turning the villain into a hero. It's worth a watch if you can. I enjoyed the evening and I am grateful it was chill because I was exhausted!


SATURDAY
This was a very long day for me and definitely tried my patience in many ways. I went on a 4 hour date with 5-4. We went miniature golfing...we putted at 36 holes!!! So many!!! I couldn't believe it. We then walked around to find a place to eat and found a Mexican food restaurant. It was pretty good, nothing amazing, but I was starving by the time we got there. Here are a couple pics...
Here is the putt putt. And my fingers.
Here is the awesome tanline from being outside for 2.5 hours golfing 36 holes.
Beer Can Beach! 
Later, I went to the beach with Chatty-Man, Surfer Boy, and Laura. I was freezing so I refused to get in the water although I did walk along the beach and got my feet wet. We met up with a bunch of YSA's from the area for a big beach bonfire. It was so fun and it was actually a bonfire...big and awesome. I stuffed a giant mallow with a bite size snickers and cooked it...it was pretty good although the mallow as hard to cook all the way through because the flames were ginormous. I talked to so many different people while I was there and a bunch of guys from the other wards. It was a lot of fun!

SUNDAY
I spoke in sacrament meeting about the value of prayer in my life. Susan actually came to sacrament meeting!!! :) It was awesome! I was so grateful that she came. The sister missionaries were so sweet and she sat by them during the meeting. I enjoyed speaking and many people told me I did well. One person told me that I said "um" 133 times...but I don't believe that. I rarely say that word...and I know I said it some of the time, but he's the only person that counted or noticed I said it a lot. I will work on that next time I give a talk. I think I use it as a transition because I talk only from an outline and usually don't do a practice run. The "um's" naturally come.

Well, the next post is packed with adventure, so prepare yourself!! Thanks for reading.

Peace out.

-the tall girl


2 comments:

  1. The beach looks amazing! I'm so glad you get to play Winnie the Pooh and have this grand adventure!

    ReplyDelete