Saturday, April 13, 2013

Barney got a TURKEY!!!!


This week has been a little crazy, and I am so excited for the semester to come to a complete end. One great thing is that I nailed my last business law exam! Woohoo! I studied hard for it, and even studied with the professor. I wish he would do that with the final, but I don’t think I will be that lucky. This morning I played basketball with nine men, full-court, for two hours. It was fantastic! I am physically dead right now, but it was worth it. I will now tell my funny story and I hope that you think it is as funny as I think it is.

So, a few days ago, I got a text from Barney. He is a kid from home, well Thatcher. He is also my fifth grade teacher’s son. We don’t really know each other, but we pretend that we do. I always ask him who is going home for Christmas, or vice versa. He wanted to know if I was going home after finals for a while. I told him we didn’t really have room because Mum and Pops are only bringing the small car…it would be a tight squeeze. I didn’t hear from him until yesterday at about 10 in the morning. He sent me a text saying, “hey random question, are you dating anyone?” I responded, “haha no I’m not.” He then asked, “do you have class right now?” I again responded no. So, in my head I am thinking, well, he is either asking me out, or setting me up. Since Mum had asked me just the day before if Barney was engaged, I didn’t really know what to think. Sooo…soon enough he called me and said, hey do you want to go bowling tonight? I said sure and he told me that it was going to be no big deal and there were doing a group date and he needed a date. Haha, it was just so random that he called me up in the first place, and just the whole back stories behind it. For example, I think at my first young women’s dance ever and he was the tallest guy there. His hair was longer and curlier…and I wanted to dance with him. Finally, towards the end of the dance, he asked me if I would dance. I nervously agreed, and as we were dancing, it was super hard to hear what he was asking. I remember him asking me how old I was. I knew he was older, but I wasn’t sure how much. When I said 12, his jaw dropped. Haha, I think he might have been sixteen at the time….and therefore he could not believe he was dancing with a twelve year old. Hehehe. I can still see his face, it was priceless. Now, I am about the same height as him, or possibly a bit taller.

I have been laughing all day because I think it is funny, so I hope you have enjoyed this short entry.

Peace out.

-the tall girl

p.s. he really did get a turkey and beat me in both bowling games. 

1 comment:

  1. That is funny. I think it is great that you got to go bowling and that it happened to be someone from home.

    ReplyDelete