First, I forgot to talk about this last week...I was eating dinner on Sunday night and I really, really wanted to have chocolate. I remembered two small kisses I felt earlier that day in my scripture bag! I ran and got them. I opened the first, which you see the wrapper opened here. Then, as I began to open the other, I realized I caught myself in my own trap. During church a couple weeks ago. I made all my kiss wrappers into one kiss so that I could trick someone. I had totally forgotten about it! I opened it with excitement and thrill to eat another piece of chocolate...but it was full of wrappers. I couldn't believe it! The fake kiss is pictured here.
![]() |
| Some pranks work against you. |
MONDAY
I faced a huge emotional dilemma. How do you reject candidates? My heart just felt so sad for them. They are recent graduates trying to start a career. Oh, I feel so sad I can't help them all. The only way I was able to get any work done was the recruiter told me that he would do the dispositioning and I just needed to send him the names. Phew! I was then able to move through candidates...although slowly. I am getting faster at sifting through them. It will take time and luckily my team is patient with me.
Surfer boy texted me early in the day and asked if I wanted to go to dinner at Apple headquarters. I of course said yessss! He came and picked me up from work and we went back to Apple for dinner. I got this cool little sticker with my name on it and we got dinner. We chose the pizza oven place and I got my own pizza. All the employees get to eat for free, which meant as a guest I also got to eat for free :)
![]() |
| Visitor Sticker |
TUESDAY
Institute and volleyball were fun. I enjoyed playing and really you just have to laugh the whole time or else you could get really upset. I don't play easy on people though, and I think some people fear my serves...but, it's good for my team.
On the way home 5-4, who gives me a ride to church every week asked me if I would like to go to dinner sometime. I said yes, even though he is breaking my record for the shortest person I have been on a date with by two whole inches. When I said yes, he said, "phew, that went much better than planned. I had a whole scenario planned...but I just decided to ask instead." I was very curious so I asked him to share his scenario...here was his plan:
5-4: So, hypothetically speaking, would you go out with someone who is 5'4?
Me: Yes
5-4: So, hypothetically speaking, if a really nice guy who gave your rides everywhere asked you out, would you say yes without things getting weird?
Me: Yes...(and, these yesses are for the hypothetical situation description purposes.)
5-4: So, bringing this to real world...will you go to dinner with me sometime?
I laughed so hard at this hypothetical situation he cooked up in his mind. I am glad he shared it with me so I could enjoy it. I guess it is really that hard for a guy to ask a girl out...This will hopefully be a one and done date. It's happening next Thursday.
WEDNESDAY
There is a local farmer's market that comes to campus every other Wednesday. It's fun to see the random things they bring. They have all sorts of candy covered nuts and dried fruit...etc. And, the best part...samples! I walked around and probably tried most of the dry fruits that looked semi-delicious and then some of the candy covered almonds...soooo good! I got my sugar fill all for free.
After work Kirby and I went to a step areobics class that was taught my a personal trainer in the campus gym. I kind of looked ridiculous trying to get my feet to move that fast up and down and across a step. She kept saying things like, if you are out of breath, don't over do it...do what you need to do and do as long as your still moving...or you can get a drink of water if you need. I wanted to say back to her, lady, I am not even breaking a sweat right now! I could go run three miles and be just fine! I just don't have the stinkin coordination to move my feet that fast! I tried as hard as I could to keep up...but I didn't want to trip and fall on my face...It was an adventure. I'll probably go back just to see if I can get better and actually catch on. It's good for me to work my foot--eye coordination, I am used to hands.
THURSDAY
This was my first day actually talking to candidates! I did phone screens and all sorts of awesome stuff. I enjoyed talking with them and being on the other side of a phone screening interview. They think I know everything and I just toot their horns at the beginning and they are immediately flattered and excited that someone is reaching out to them. I enjoyed it and I hope it will get a little easier. I definitely stuttered my fair share and said um and cool a lot.
That night, Kirby and I traveled to the intern event together in San Jose. Of course, we didn't look for directions before we left so we hopped on the train and off at a station she thought we might need to get off on. We were still two stops away. We had to wait for the next train...we could have worked an extra 20 minutes. Then, we hopped on and off at the right station this time and then headed in the wrong direction. We walked for a block and half and then realized we probably weren't going the right way. We tried asking people and they looked at us like we were crazy. Eventually, we turned around, walked back, and found our way. Her smartphone was definitely of no use to us. We had dinner at Gorden and Breish brewery and restaurant. The food was delicious, the wings were my favorite...I don't know what they were, but they were the best wings I have ever had!
We walked from there over to the theater where we had it all to ourselves and watched the new X-men movie. It was good! I enjoyed it and it was fun to have free popcorn and a soda and a theater full of interns. I enjoyed the whole evening, although I was bummed it wasn't Friday and there was work the next day.
FRIDAY
Work was pretty normal, but a little high stress. I went in early and worked as long as I could. I talked to a few candidates, which was fun! I went to the intern get-to-know-you event and back to work so I could leave early. Once I left, I went camping!!! Kelly picked me up and we went to the church to meet up with the other peeps.
We went up to Big Basin State Park. Here's a pic of a big redwood cross section, but it's blurry...of course I was shaking.
![]() |
| This bad boy is over 1500 years old. Crazy! |
SATURDAY
This is the day we went hiking!! We went on a 10.5 mile hike. There were only 5 of us that were tough enough to hike and not go home early. The hike was beautiful and the surroundings were gorgeous. I was so grateful to be in nature away from the sounds of the city. I forget how wonderful it is to have peace and quiet all the time. We saw some beautiful falls and some huge trees. Here are a few pics, I am sure more will show up on fbook soon. It was a blast, but as you will see, I got really dirty and by the end, my feet were aching so bad! I was very grateful to sit down at the end.
| Pro-Camper, Chatty-Man, and Me |
| Me at the beautiful falls. |
| Bigger falls that we couldn't get close to. |
![]() |
| Dirty shoes...this pic doesn't do it justice. |
![]() |
| That is not a tan line...definitely dirt. |
SUNDAY
Nothing crazy happened today. I didn't have the lesson or anything, so church was pretty chill. Dinner at the Call's was awesome as usual. Roommate #3 arrived. She is Asian, but from Chicago and goes to school in Boston. She seems fun and I am glad we are all here. Only 8 more weeks...which is crazy! Time is flying.
Again, thanks for reading. I hope you found some laughter and got filled in with what I have been doing. I hope you are well.
Peace out.
- the tall girl





Loved reading it.
ReplyDelete