I forgot one great adventure of last week! I got to use GoogleGlass. It's awesome! I can tell it still has quite a few glitches, but it was cool. Wearing a computer on your face and being able to talk to it is pretty cool. You just tap the side of your glasses and say, OK Glass and the say a command. You can video or take a picture of anything you are looking at. It will find your location and give you directions. I was super excited to use it! I don't think they are for sale yet. I wish i had taken a picture with it on so I could have proof. I didn't have my phone, and honestly even if I did I wouldn't have pulled it out...my dumb phone to take a pic of the newest technology...nope.
| This is what it looks like. You just tap the side where her finger is to turn it on. |
Here's the recap of the tall girls adventures this week:
MONDAY
I needed to go to the grocery store, so I skipped FHE and went shopping. I got some basic ingredients for some bigger dishes that I will make at some point. I splurged and purchased a cake mix, crisco, and chocolate chips so I can make some delicious cookies! I'm craving good desserts these days. I also bought some OtterPops. I am also way excited about those!
Sue was kind of looking bummed when I got home so I asked her if she wanted to play cards. I pulled out good ol SkipBo and taught her how to play. We did a couple games and then Roomie 3 asked if she could join. I of course said yes and I taught her how to play. We began and it turned into one of the funniest games of SkipBo I have ever played. Roomie 3 was hilarious and super intense about it all at the same time. She would get so hyped up on her turn that she would breath in and out of her clenched teeth and the one game she won, she was so excited she smacked the table so hard she cringed! We were laughing and talking about all sorts of things as we played. I am sad Roomie 2 wasn't there to join, but Sue and I needed to get to know Roomie 3 better...we were kind of terrified of her at first because she didn't seem too friendly.
![]() |
| These are the roses dried...they now decorate my apartment! Yay! |
TUESDAY
I actually got Sue to come to institute with me! She really wanted to play volleyball, so I told her she had to come to the lesson first. We talked about the importance of scripture marking...I got to teach her a little bit about Christ visiting the America's because she didn't understand that part as we were reading and marking it. The missionaries and everyone in the ward was so excited she was there. I think everyone took a chance talking with her and helping her feel welcome. I was so grateful for their support. I think she enjoyed the volleyball afterwards. I laughed the entire time as usual and enjoyed being with friends.
WEDNESDAY
I went rock climbing with Surfer Boy after work. We went up to Castle Rock. We were going to do Summit Rock, but it was closed. I was really nervous about climbing real rock...but, we did it! We had to hike around for a long time looking for a rock that was huge and that had clips at the top we could clip our rope to. We hiked and hiked and eventually found a huge rock, with another rock leaning up against it. He told me I could climb first...I wasn't too excited about that but I agreed. I tried and got about 4 feet off the ground and fell a bunch of times...we were valeting each other, so falling just means so the harness caught me. He had actual rock climbing shoes, so he tried to do it after I couldn't succeed. I don't think he fell, but he was able to summit. He struggled and it was a long climb to the top, but he made it! I decided I must try again in order to be able to call it a successful climb for the both of us. I tried at least another 5 times without success...getting up 4 feet and falling. I was about to give up, but he told me to try it one more time. I had to wedge my hand and arm between these giant rocks and take a lot of long leaps of faith to get past where I was. I leaned against one rock to rest before continuing the climb. I had to because I was exhausted! I finally got to about 4 feet from the top and had to reach really far to get the next hold and missed. I fell, but I got pretty far for being in running shoes and having weak shoulders. He was impressed, he even said I probably outdid him. I was a sweaty shaky mess by the end. He had to untie the rope from my harness. I couldn't do it my hands had no strength left. Rock climbing outside is a whole different game. There aren't certain paths carved out and there isn't a pulley at the top to make the rope flow smoothly for valeting. It takes more energy and more concentration. It was a good experience! I definitely had my fair share of bruises, scrapes, and bug bites.
THURSDAY
I went on my date with 5-4. We were eating dinner the entire time, so the height didn't really bother me. He is from Vietnam and grew up there, so we had plenty to talk about. I really don't like Pho...it's a Vietnamese dish. Soup, noodles, meat, joints, shredded stomach lining, and I'm sure other things that I don't want to know. I was a good sport and ate all I could, but I don't think I will seek it out again. He's a fun guy, but 8 inches is a lot...he's probably attached to me now.
FRIDAY
I went and saved the Bay!! I worked outside for work. I pulled weeds and watered native plants. The weeds are invasive and killing the natural wildlife, so we had to clear those and water the struggling plants. Here are a few pictures of my adventure. I loved being outside and getting to do yard work. I am also grateful for parents who made me do a lot of yard work as a kid so I knew what to do... and this weeding and watering is nothing compared to tumbleweeds....
![]() |
| The whole group. |
![]() |
| Hard at work...watch out for my pick! |
![]() |
| Another of the group. |
![]() |
| Back at the office with my sticker for proof I went. |
![]() |
| This bad boy was waiting for me when I got back to work on Friday!!! |
![]() |
| Now I can officially work from home because I have a work phone :) |
SATURDAY
I got to go to the Oakland temple for the first time! It was beautiful. Being in the temple was a great blessing and I am so grateful I got to go. I was done with baptisms at least 2 hours before the people in the session were done so I walked around the grounds and took some pics and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We went out to eat afterwards at a cute little icecream shop called Fenton's that is apparently in UP. Here are some pics of the unique Oakland temple.
![]() |
| I had to take a selfie just to show I was there...It was really hard to get me and the temple in the pic.... |
![]() |
| This is the view of the Valley from behind the temple. |
![]() |
| This engraving of Christ appearing in the Americas is on the front and back of the temple. |
![]() |
| RiverCats Basebal game. Wicked awesome seats! |
![]() |
| Fireworks! |
SUNDAY
Chatty-man's dad gave a talk in church that was really good and most of the people at church just thought I was a family member, so that was helpful for the whole situation...it's been interesting trying to explain to people that I really just went with him for fun and no other reason...His Mom gave the lesson in Relief Society, so I got good exposure to the parents and their beliefs. We played games in the afternoon and had a delicious Father's Day dinner. I was grateful to be with a family on that special day. The ride home was fun and we continued to get to know each other better...but, he still talks too much and I know nothing will happen between us (I'm just letting you know that because I know you are wondering).
I got to talk to my Papa when I got home. I am so grateful for the wonderful father that raised me. He is my biggest fan and my greatest support. I love him so much. I am also grateful for the many other father figures and priesthood holders in my life. I have been so blessed by their teachings and influences. I would not be the person I am today without them.
Thanks for reading. I hope you found it enjoyable.
Peace out.
-the tall girl



.jpg)











So where are the roses from? Missed thAT. So good to read.
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to read about your adventure!!!
ReplyDelete