MONDAY
During my mentor session, my mentee started talking about how she wanted to use her artistic abilities to support the use of "natural drugs"...like hemp/marijuana. At that point, I had nothing to say. I just said that's interesting and tried to move topics. I couldn't even relate to her at that point...so sad that someone so young can be so affected by those things.
I got to teach the FHE lesson! Our FHE's are always with the whole ward because we don't have many people and even less come to FHE. There were maybe 15 people on time and were able to hear my lesson. I was grateful for the people who participated and made teaching much easier. I taught about President Packer's talk about eternal truths. I had a few people share how they came to know each member of the Godhead in their personal lives. It was a neat experience to hear their stories.
An additional 15 showed up about 30 minutes late for the pool party and BBQ. We played volleyball in the pool and then jumped in the hot tub for the last few minutes of being there. It was a very fun evening and I am so grateful I was there.
TUESDAY
We had an awesome session with the CMO. There were only about 6 of us mentors who were meeting with her and it was fun to ask her any questions we wanted. In answer to my question, she explained she would sometimes get in trouble for being so calm. She said people would get frustrated because they wouldn't know what she was thinking. Everything around her would be crazy and she would be the quiet person just listening. She would never yell or get frazzled. I think sometimes I get into the same kind of trouble, and she has used it as a strength and played it to her advantage, I hope I can do the same.
We had our sand volleyball game that night and, once again got destroyed...maybe we will win one game before I leave. :) I enjoyed playing with my roommates and I am glad I signed up for the league.
| Headphone taco, isn't it genius! |
WEDNESDAY
This was the first hump day I have had in a while...at least it felt like a hump. My work load really started picking up. And, my senior manager put in his two weeks notice as well as another co-worker. It is hard to believe! I have seen what happens to a team when a new leader is put into place that the team doesn't agree with...it falls apart, and falls quickly. It's been sad to watch in my few weeks here...but, welcome to corporate America!
I got to relax that evening with my besties though. Koo and Olympian. We went to dinner and I got deep dish Chicago style pizza. It was stinkin expensive, but delicious! We walked around downtown Campbell and peeked in little shops. There was a candy store with this German candy, Happy Hippos...they are so delicious! I was introduced to them while living with cousin.
THURSDAY
I ended the day doing yoga with the girls I mentor. Koo is a certified yoga teacher and taught us some moves to help us relax the muscles strained by working on a computer all day. It felt great!
![]() |
| Yes, I did it in my work clothes. |
FRIDAY
This was my day of trouble...hopefully it's not three strikes and you're out...
- I was sent an email from property management telling us we were in violation of the lease because someone had filed complaints that people were on our porch smoking marijuana and being noisy after hours. :/ ...I was grateful when Sue wrote back accepting full responsibility. And, I was happy they hadn't contacted our employer or fined us. We were blessed! Sue thought I would be pretty upset, but what would getting upset do...nothing. And, it wasn't my problem.
- I sent an email to the wrong person. Luckily, I had already scheduled a time to meet with the person I sent the wrong email to and nothing too bad happened...I was just embarrassed.
- I somehow allowed a candidate to access internal information. He's already debating whether to come to the company and then I do that. I got a call and email from multiple people about it...it's still kind of haunting me and I am sure on Monday I will be facing the bulk of the damage. Right now I can't do anything because I don't know what to do.
Luckily, my day ended well with a date with Baller! We went to dinner at Red Robin and watched the new Planet of the Apes movie. I was happy to get some good American food in me and the movie was pretty good. I didn't have high expectations though, since I have never seen the first. Baller and I have a lot in common and it was nice to be on a date with someone I can relate to a little bit more. He was nice and a gentlemen. We'll probably go on at least one more date before I leave.
SATURDAY
I woke up and went running, grocery shopping, did laundry, cooked, video chatted with Bro, and enjoyed chilling in my house with no one else around. :) I rarely get this much time to myself...it's been nice.
SUNDAY
I stayed for Linger Longer after the meeting and it is really whatever people bring is what we eat…needless to say, I was at the back of the line and ate a half of a PB&J sandwich, popcorn out of a bag, fishies, and a Kool-Aid jammer. Pretty awesome.
While waiting in line, I was talking with my good friend from France. He asked me what I was planning to do after graduation and the summer. He asked if I would accept an offer, if I were to receive one. I told him I wouldn't start work until about February because I will work forever so might as well take a break. He quickly responded, "You're an LDS woman, I highly doubt you will be working forever." I laughed and said, yes, but until I don't work anymore I will be working. I was grateful for his assumption I want to be a wife and mother, it is a correct one.
peace out.
-the tall girl






No comments:
Post a Comment