Wow, another week has flown by! I can't believe it. There were lots of funny things that happened. I have started to write little notes so that I could remember them for when I write this post every week.
This weeks funny stories:
#1
Last Friday night, my roommate, Hawaii, gets a call around 6:20 from a kid in the ward that we will call Skinny. He says, hey do you want to go on a double date tonight and does one of your roommates not have plans either?? Since we didn't really have set plans, Hawaii agreed that we would go with Skinny and his friend Bacon (who we didn't know). As we were getting ready, we didn't really know who was going to be going on a date with whom. That's always awkward. They show up, and Skinny is about as tall as me and Bacon is a few inches shorter. So I look at him and think this is going to be another just for fun date with someone shorter than me. Wellllll, we get to Hawaii's car and she hops in the driver seat and Bacon sits in the front....awkward. I thought Skinny was supposed to be on a date with Hawaii. Nevertheless, off we drive and Skinny asks me questions as though we are on a date. Conversation is good and we get to Cafe Rio and it is jammed. So, we decided to go to Subway so the hungry boys could get food faster. Skinny tells me to order first...and note, we still don't know who is on a date with whom. So, I order. What a dilemma though! I don't know whether or not to get a $5 footlong or go for the six inch, because I don't know how much my date is going to eat or pay for because I don't know who I am on a date with! I went with the footlong and then Skinny ordered right after me. The Subway worker asked me, who is paying....I just looked at him and shrugged my shoulders and mouthed, I don't know. He was probably laughing internally at this point. Skinny ended up paying for mine, so I considered that as a sign that I was on a date with him. We went to Bacon's house and played foosball and Ticket to Ride. It was a super fun date, and we laughed a lot, but the whole time I kind of knew that I was on the date with the wrong person. Lesson to be learned: make sure that your date knows that you are their date. It makes things a lot less complicated.
#2
Sunday night, Run and a few other people in the ward came over after the fireside. Hawaii got Nerf guns for Christmas and they were sitting out, and Run decided it would be fun to go attacking apartments. So, we all grabbed guns and ammo and went around the complex knocking on doors and shooting whoever answered. We'd run in and grab the ammo and then leave. One apartment said after we attacked, we wondered what was going on, we heard screams and then we heard them getting closer and closer. Haha, that was us. But, we went to ward prayer and there was this tiny end table...probably about a foot wide and 2 feet long. So, I turned it sideways and Run and I sat on it. Pretty soon, more people started coming, and Steal came and wanted to sit with us on this bench. So I scooted over until I was about halfway off and Steal was halfway on and Run was squeezed in the middle. There was one girl and two guys on this bench probably only made for one person! I sat there, and towards the end of the meeting, I was dying. My leg was starting to cramp from holding myself up for so long! I started fidgeting and Run asked if I was okay. I said I was because I didn't want to make him move, I liked sitting right by him. Eventually Steal got up and left and we scooted back on until we were both sitting pretty normal and then we just stayed there for a long time people watching. :) It was a great time.
Well, that's a long post, but hopefully you find it somewhat entertaining.
Peace Out.
-the tall girl
No comments:
Post a Comment