Friday, January 25, 2013

Snow Adventures


This week has flown by! It has been full of adventures though. I went to an information session and they told me once again that I am too young to apply for an internship…I have been hearing that for the past two year…I have just as much or more experience than the people they will hire, yet they won’t even consider me because I graduate a semester later. Those crazy people. Brother said they were dumb, and I agree.

Last week, we had an innertube water polo game! I am on a team with my ward and we DOMINATED!!!!!! 42-4. Homee and I discovered that if you lift up your feet and turn yourself with your hands, you can spin really fast!! It was so much fun, I did that for most of the second half while I was on defense. It was a really fun game.

Saturday, I had an Aspen Grove reunion. Lunch was served and it was delicious!!! I loved it and it was free so I just wanted to keep eatin. After I finished, we went cross-country skiing. I had never been before, and it was pretty tough! I was already tired from a basketball game that morning so I was doing all I could to keep going. It was the perfect day outside: sunshine, clear skies, no wind, and mountains. And here is where a funny story comes in:

(Use your imagination to picture what is happening)
M, Panda, and I decided that we would ski through this little woodshop shelter thing. It kind of looked like it would be a tall covered bridge or something. Panda went first, and she almost lost her balance going down this short, but very steep hill at the end of the shelter. M went, and she got to the bottom of the 4 foot hill and toppled over. The hill was much steeper than we thought it would be. I waited until a bunch people had passed so they wouldn’t be watching, and then right as I was about to go, M said she went off unevenly and that is why she fell….as she was speaking, I felt my left ski just start going! I tried to get the other ski to go, but it wouldn’t and I fell right on my bum basically at the top of this tiny, steep hill…I was about a foot away from the edge of the tunnel thing. Hahahaha, we each got a little bit less successful with each one of us. I laughed so hard as I was laying on the ground. I didn’t realize pain until I stood up and my tailbone was aching. We didn’t ski much farther and we turned the skiis in for the day. Nothing extraordinary happened while we were snowshoeing, but it was still fun. I had never done either one until that day. By the end, I was exhausted.



Peace Out.

-the tall girl

No comments:

Post a Comment