Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's been real.

This week has been CRAZY! I was on campus late every night it felt like. And I did a lot of physical activities. First, I began with volleyball at 8AM on Monday. We did attacking! Yes! Exactly what I wanted to work on. So, we hit all through the class. I was pretty sore after that. I think part of it may have been from a massage that I got on Sunday. Haha yep, I came home from ward prayer and Blew and Steal were here giving Hawaii a massage. She hurt her body while rollerskating and then we delivered get well cards all Sunday afternoon so she was exhausted and in pain. Blew asked if I wanted to give him a massage and then switch. That sounded really nice, so I couldn't pass it up. We switched off and on for about an hour. I think he really irritated a deep knot between my shoulder blades...haha so that was not a good way to start hitting practice, already sore. It made me very tired, but I was excited to be hitting. ....Tuesday night rolls around and we have a waterpolo game!!! Woowoo! We got demolished, killed, smothered...however you want to put it. I felt like it was a lot harder to control my tube and I was exhausted afterwards. I went to bed as soon as I could and then back to volleyball at 8AM the next morning. It was snowy and icey and I ran the mile to class anyways. We did more attacking and worked on transitions and blocking. Oh boy! I was soooooo tired. By the end my swing blocks were not having jumps included. Not smart. I dressed professional and went to the career fair to talk to companies I want to work for. Then, that night right after my MCOM class, I had a basketball game. We only had 6 people and as I stood there beforehand I looked at my teammates and said, I hope I have energy for this. She looked at me really odd like, but I truly was tired. Last night I went and played broomball on ice at 7Peaks. It was super fun, but it made me all tired again. So physical exhaustion came from: walking through snow and ice everyday, basketball, volleyball, and broomball. Probably a little insane, but I had a ton of fun and I got most of my school work done.

Oh well, this week has a lot of funny things that happened. Most of them might have just been funny because I was there but I will share a couple and you can tell me if they are funny of if they are just lame. Feel free to be honest, I want to be entertaining. (And hopefully the first part was funny too.)

This first one happened about a week ago. I had excellent plans to make delicious pancakes for myself for dinner. I mixed it all up, and then after I had cooked almost all the batter I realized that I had forgotten the eggs! They were very tasty, haha and I am so glad they actually turned out. It was old mix, so maybe that helped some.

Another: Doubles and I finally got to talk on the phone for the first time since she has been married. I told her the story of Run last semester, so I had to update her. Basically, my date is tonight and he scheduled it on Monday and I still have no idea what I am doing for it. I don't really know how to find that out. I wish you could just be completely upfront and bold about things. You could just say to people, hey...and explain yourself and they'd do the same and then everyone would be happy because they are on the same page. It doesn't work that way....it's all a game. Doubles asked me how do I always get in the most awkward situations, and honestly I have no stinkin' idea. I am just that fortunate to have awkward and funny stories every week of my life. It gives me something to laugh about, so I am grateful. 

I tried to find a picture, but I don't have any about anything that I wrote. So, use your imagination.

Peace out.

-the tall girl

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog and browsed through it. wicked funny. I just realized I am commenting through this blog and not my other one... I guess that is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha. Oh man you crack me up. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete