Friday, February 8, 2013

Public Transportation Adventures


Man, I am struggling to find some funny story to entertain you with. This week has just been crazy not too loaded on the funny side. Maybe a little bit unbelievable too. I had a waterpolo game and a basketball game this week. I think I am getting old. I only played half the game and yet, I was so exhausted from it. The next day I was still tired. I never thought at the age of 20 I would feel so old. Haha, but I am being an adult today. I am sitting and waiting for my second interview of the week. This is one high class building and my interview is on the 14th floor! That’s incredible to me. I just applied online for this job. The people that came to Cougar College told me I was too young to be eligible for a summer internship, but I submitted my application online and lo and behold I got an interview just through my online application. So I guess, this leads to story numbero uno.

I have never ridden public transportation before. I looked up the weather for today, and it is supposed to snow…so I decided not to drive. BUT, I didn’t know how in the world I was going to get to downtown Salt Lake. Fortunately for me, the UTA recently put in a magical train called the FrontRunner. I called up my all-knowing cousin Woody and asked him how I could get to this certain address. He researched and called me back and gave me excellent directions for how to get here. I was planning to walk the mile from the station, but it turns out, there was another train I could board and get almost exactly where I needed to be. Sislaw was texting me and she was telling me how creepy public transportation usually is and I really didn’t see anything sketchy on the FrontRunner so I was thinking people just over react. I made it to Salt Lake and boarded the other train that people can ride for free around Downtown Salt Lake. As I was sitting there, more and more people were boarding and this is when I started to get a little creeped out. For a long time I was the only girl on the train and a few creepy men. I started getting antsy and I wasn’t sure if I was even on the right train. I have just been a nervous wreck since last night so this was just building up. I told myself to remain calm and trust the kind old man who told me that this was the train I was supposed to be on. So, eventually we took off and exit after exit I just worried a little bit more…but, I remember what Woody told me and he was right, the train stopped right where I needed to get off to go to the fancy building. I made it and I made it safely, and the security guard here is so kind and he is letting me chill down here in the lobby until my interview begins. I think this fancy building has the nicest, friendliest security guards I have ever met. I have a really good seat for people watching too. But, I need to do some studying so that concludes my story.

Oh, a follow up from last weeks’ story about Run. The date didn’t happen…he went grocery shopping. It sounds a lot worse than it is, but it did make me pretty mad. Don’t worry though, Monday after volleyball class I gave him a piece of my mind. We talked for about 30 minutes…basically until I told him everything I thought and by the end he felt like the biggest jerk that walks on the planet. I am glad that he feels bad about what happened and I think we cleared everything up so we are just fine now. Things are pretty normal, at least I think so. We shall see if he ever asks me out again. I told him I didn’t want a pity date. I only want one if he is actually interested. Hmmm, we’ll see. At least he knows where I stand.

Well, that’s it.

Peace out.

-the tall girl

p.s. I think the interview went well, and I am back to me home safe and sound :)

No comments:

Post a Comment