Saturday, May 18, 2013

I love old People

I haven't posted in a while because I have been home and starting work and time has flown by. Home was marvelous! Oh, I loved spending time with Sisterbug and Mama and Papa. I love them all so very much. Being home without the rest of the sibs was sad though. This was the first time since graduation that I have actually been home without additional sibs...besides Sisterbug. I went shopping with Mama and found some super cute clothes to wear to work and on dates and things I want to feel very nice for. I helped Nicdog with her children and played with Doubles and ClaraSue. Cola got married while I was home and it was such a joy to attend her reception and see the look of excitement and squeals when she saw I was there. I love when people are happy to see me. :)

Work is going great! I love it. I am also on a ward intramural kickball team and a friend intramural frisbee team. We are tearing it up! Haha, I am terrible at kickball, but frisbee I am okay at. I am tall and I can catch it over people...hence, people consider me good.

As I am sitting here, I am trying to think of funny stories that have happened recently. The only one that comes to mind is about an old man I met at work on Monday. This man turned 95 on Thursday, and he is still coming into work every once and a while, therefore, he is awesome. Fortunately for me, I started work a day that Rudd was working. He is considered Mr. Welfare and he is idolized by everyone in the welfare dept. I felt honored to meet him. He took a good twenty minutes chatting with me. He made me feel like a million bucks. 

As we were chatting, sports were brought up. Because many of my highest awards are on my resume, Rudd found out that I was the best player in AZ my senior year. He then hounded me with questions about if I tried out and what not. When I told him they didn't take anyone, he went off on about how everything you can do in life is if you know people. It is all about who you know. People may say it's about skill, but no, it is about who you know and who they know. Rudd has written some awesome books, so my supervisor went to get a couple copies for me for Rudd to sign. While he was gone, Rudd looked deep into my soul and said, "hmmmm, I see you aren't married. Are you dating anyone?" I replied no, and he quickly responded, "well, why not?! are you scared, are you afraid of those boys?" Hahaha, it was all I could do to not laugh hysterically. I replied, "No, of course not. I think the boys are just afraid of me." He thought that was a pretty good answer and soon moved to the next conversation about how he used to be a cheerleader. Haha, this cute happy old man would make the best cheerleader. He signed his two books for me and made sure each time to write my name right. He really liked my name, so he earned even more bonus points. I hope I am like him when I get old, and my husband and I will be like this old couple:


This is one of my most favorite videos. I hope it makes you laugh as hard as I do every time I watch it.  Plus, it fits so well with this post.

I hope you are doing well, and I hope I brought you some joy.

Peace out.

-the tall girl

2 comments:

  1. Love the video and I am so glad you love your job. Thanks for posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to figure out who Rudd is!! I love old people, too - that's where we're all heading, so I hope we can all see the wisdom in "Be kind to little birds and old people"! I think a general authority said that!

    ReplyDelete