Friday, February 15, 2013

I am no longer a kid.

Another week has flown by! Southwest Airlines told me no and so did Goldman. So, I am back to internship hunting, or I guess continuing. I have an interview with The Church offices next Thursday for an HR internship, so we will see how that goes. I think it would be awesome to work for them! I don't really remember the position I applied for though....that's a problem. ...I have been running around constantly this week. Long days on campus, long tests, long projects...but, I have survived and I am going to celebrate at Grandma's this weekend :) assuming they allow me to come visit. I still need to call. But here is a great picture of us together.

They thought that me taking a picture with my phone was pretty cool :)

So, you are probably wanting the funny stories by now so I'll start.

#1 - I failed my business law exam. 

#2 - I went babysitting last Friday night. It was quite entertaining. Tato and Lexa were super funny. Most of the time I was worried Tato would shove something in his little two year old mouth and go into some allergic reaction and I'd have to use an epipen...or whatever that scary thing is. I was a little anal probably, but oh well. He didn't die and I didn't have to give him a shot or take him to the hospital so we both won. Lexa and I were doing tricks down the slide in her house. It was an awesome slide, the typical 2 bump slide ya know. I get to the top and she says to me, "Do something like a cowgirl." So, of course I do something awesome because that is what she wanted. I stuck my legs over one side and said that ladies always ride side saddle and then i pushed off and said YEEHAW!!!!! I zoomed very quickly to the bottom and woosh i flew into the air off the slide and boom!!!! I landed right on a thick, hard, plastic ball. Some random toy had randomly rolled right to where I randomly landed. I thought I should have crushed it, but my leg went completely dead and it HURT!!!! Holy macaroni! I laid on the ground and just said, don't try that one Lexa....I stayed there for only a couple of seconds and I moved. Ohhhh, the pain continued, I made it over to the stairs and Tato begs me to ride down with him because he is too big of a chicken. I made it over there, and went down again. But, my leg/hip hurt for the rest of the evening. Hhahaha, I am not a kid anymore. That is what I realized. I got home and I was still in pain. On about Sunday, the bruise showed up. It is probably the size of a chocolate glazed long rectangle doughnut. Yep, haha it was big and dark. I just laugh about the story, and I am so thankful I didn't injure myself worse, and I am glad the ball didn't break.

I have another good story about a game that I played at game night, but maybe you should just look up the game. It is "Reach for the Stars." It is pretty dang old, so I don't know if you'll be able to find it. But, let's just say a kid I just met had to say to me, "I love you. Just because you are you." I was dying laughing. I almost couldn't look at him seriously and vice versa. Haha, it was great. Maybe I'll write the full version next week. We'll see.

I hope I brought you some laughter. That is what this blog is meant to do.

Peace out.

-the tall girl

p.s. Happy Be-Lated Valentine's Day! I love you.

1 comment:

  1. That must have been some kind of ball! Ouchy! BTW - story #1 wasn't very funny! But on the other hand, "Reach for the Stars" sounds interesting; good for a laugh!

    ReplyDelete