Friday, March 29, 2013

With 11 Seconds to Spare

What a fantastic week this has been! I got a letter from Dillydog and and email from Alps. Both were awesome letters. Alps gave me the biggest confidence boost ever and Dillydog gave me a great contact that I can talk to. This contact is doing exactly what I want to do when I grow up....train leaders of businesses. Saweet! Both of these two men brought big smiles to my face. I have a couple funny stories, but I am going to keep them short because I need to get to bed.

Nummer Een (that's Dutch)

This story actually happens to me about every day. In the TNRB on campus, they have electric sinks in the bathrooms. You just put your hands in and water comes out...amazing right?...This is a problem though. Now, every time I walk into a restroom I stick my hands under the faucet and I just stand there. It takes me a couple seconds to realize oh, this isn't automatic...oops. I hope I make the people who see me do this laugh, I laugh at myself. 

Nummer Twee

So, Hawaii and I got a couple Redbox movies this past week. She wanted me to celebrate doing well on an exam, so I agreed to watch the movie. I had never been to a Redbox before and I just watched like a little kid and learned how it worked. So, the day came for us to return it. It had to be returned by 9 PM. It was about 8:53 PM. Hawaii and I jump into the car and she says, we'll just go to the corner market because it is faster. As we are rushing over there, I ask for instructions on how to return it. She tells me the Redbox is to the right as you enter the door and you just put the movie back where it comes out. So, we pull up and it is 8:59 on my cellular device. I hopped out of the car, ran inside and turned to the right. That is where it was supposed to be! But, I just see the cashier. I look at her with probably a look of desperation and gasp, where is the Redbox???? She says, around the corner by the Subway. I run/shuffle over there. I am wearing shoes that don't have very much traction...kind of scary to be running on tile. I run around the corner and of course there are people. I hurriedly squeeze by and weave in and out of them and arrive at the Redbox. I start trying to shove the movie into the little box! It will not go!! So, I keep pushing...and it still will not go. I start looking at the screen as I am pushing and I see a return button! I quickly press it and start shoving the DVD back into the receiver. Of course it took time to register the whole thing and I finally got it into the machine. PHew! I was hoping it would say Congratulations! Or something to tell me that I made it back on time, but I had no idea. I calmly and innocently walked back to the car and proceeded to tell Hawaii about my mishaps. She was basically rolling with laughter. I think the picturing of me doing it was just too funny. We got back to the flat and she looked up online to see if it had charged her for an extra day. The time said 9:00:49. I had 11 seconds to spare before it turned 9:01:00 and charged her for another day! YEah! :)

So, those are my adventures of the week. I hope you enjoy them.

Peace out.

-the tall girl

p.s. we won our first round of bball 60-17...no big deal...

No comments:

Post a Comment